Monday, April 30, 2012

Laying Low

Hi all!

Thanks so much for all of your email and phone support.  Bea and I are doing well and increasingly looking forward to getting home to our kids.  I feel ok today.  This treatment really is hard on the gastrointestinal track at least for me.  We walked a lot yesterday so I'm quite sore but that's a good thing.  We pushed the limits and I basically hit a wall around 10 minutes of walking and have to stop.  I'm able to go a little further by using Bea's shoulder to hold on to.  Bea gets so worried that I'm going to fall she convinced me to buy a cane. 



The problem is I have no idea how to use it to assist me to walk...  Professional athletes video tape themselves to learn how to improve performance next time so I asked Bea to tape me and I will study the tape to get better... 


Other than these exciting developments, not much else to report.  The weather today was very rainy, foggy and cold.  We decided to stay in as my immunity is probably at it's lowest from the chemo last week.  We're hoping for better weather tomorrow as there are still several things we want to see before we head home later in the week.  Our magic number of stem cells we need Thursday is 2 million.  I will have to return on Friday if we don't reach that number and I will have to keep the Vas Catheter in my neck overnight which won't be comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment